1977 Pontiac Trans Am - Streetrod.
Mostly restored with heavy modification. Exterior is nearly perfect condition, new black paint but still needs clearcoat.
This car is steet legal, but was built to race on the 1/8th mile drag strip. Car was sold Oct 2009.
- 1975 Pontiac 455 block, bored .060 over (469CID), zero decked.
- Stock crank, turned .010/.010
- HEADS: 6X-8 heads; milled to 95cc, worked for 1.65 rockers, lightly ported.
- Aluminum 1.65 roller rocker arms on both sets of heads.
- Stock piston rods
- Keith Black dome (0cc) pistons (KB347)
- Melling MOLY piston rings
- Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, center plane divider notched.
- Holley 750CFM carb
- Holley black electric fuel pump and pressure regulator
- Comp Cams 305H Cam: .525/.525 lift (.577/.577 with 1.65 rockers), 305/305 Adv. dur, 110 deg. lobe sep.
- Comp Cams High Energy lifters
- Melling rod and main bearings
- Double roller timing set
- New TRW Water pump
- SFI Chrome fluid harmonic Balancer
- 100-150HP nitrous shot (Nitrous Express)
- TH400 w/ B&M shift kit
- TS TH400 3000RPM Stall Converter
- 3.73 rear end gears.
- Hooker Tri-Y Aluminum powder coated headers
- Chrome California 3" Sidepipes
- (Exhaust is 3" from collectors to the tip of the sidepipes)
- New Aluminum racing radiator and B&M transmission cooler
- Dual 16" electric fans.
- MSD Ignition system:
MSD Pro-Billet Pontiac V8 Distributor, PN 8563
MSD Digital-7 Programmable Ignition, PN 7530T
MSD HVC-2 Ignition Coil, PN 8261
- Approx 10.25 to 1 compression. 435HP on motor, 560HP on nitrous.
- New front shocks (Gabriel Red Ryders)
- New rear shocks (Gabriel Hi-Jackers)
- New Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials on rear (325-50-15)
- New paint (Single stage black) needs the clearcoat shot (I have all materials)